On October 11, the Scotiabank Giller Prize unveiled its 2023 shortlist, marking the 30th anniversary of the renowned literary award.
Among the five authors in the running for the 2023 Scotiabank Giller Prize, we have:
- Sarah Bernstein for her novel Study For Obedience, published by Knopf Canada
- Eleanor Catton for her novel Birnam Wood, published by McClelland & Stewart
- Kevin Chong for his novel The Double Life of Benson Yu, published by Simon & Schuster
- Dionne Irving for her short story collection, The Islands: Stories, published by Catapult
- CS Richardson for his novel All The Colour in the World, published by Knopf Canada
Representing from British Columbia is Kevin Chong. Chong is an acclaimed author with a rich portfolio spanning both fiction and nonfiction, and his literary contributions have found a place in distinguished publications like The Guardian and The Rumpus. Currently based in Vancouver, he also holds the role of associate professor at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus.