WHEN: Monday, May 16, 2022
WHAT: BC Book Day invites British Columbians to celebrate the province’s book & magazine publishers, authors, illustrators, bookstores, libraries, festivals, and literary prizes that connect us with local stories.
GOAL: To raise awareness among government and the general public of BC’s publishing ecosystem and its cultural and economic contributions.
HOW: All BC book lovers are invited to celebrate with us online on Monday, May 16, 2022. We’ve created social media graphics and suggested wording below, which you are welcome to use and customize! Don’t forget to tag your posts with #BCBookDay.
WHO: BC Book Day is coordinated by the Association of Book Publishers of BC, which works to support the long-term health and success of the Canadian-owned book industry in British Columbia.
BACKGROUND: May 16, 2022, is the eighth annual BC Book Day to be proclaimed in the BC Legislature. BC Book Day kicks off Creative Industries Week (May 16–20, 2022) celebrating the province’s creative industries (books, magazines, music, interactive, motion picture). In addition to a book delivery campaign for MLAs in Victoria, we’re celebrating online where all stakeholders and BC book lovers can participate.
Today is #BCBookDay, celebrating our province’s book & magazine publishers, authors, illustrators, bookstores, libraries, festivals, and literary prizes that connect us with local stories. Support #BCBooks and #ReadLocalBC!
Today on #BCBookDay, we celebrate our province’s vibrant literary landscape. Share a favourite BC-published book and tag #BCBooks!
Hashtags: #BCBookDay, #BCBooks
Tag us: @ABPBC, @ReadLocalBC
Matea Kulić, Executive Director, Association of Book Publishers of BC
- BC book publisher map
- Google map of Canadian independent book publishers by Don Gorman, publisher of Rocky Mountain Books
- Google map of Canadian independent booksellers by Don Gorman
- Request Read Local BC promotional materials
Did you know?
- British Columbia is the second largest English-language book publishing region in Canada, with more than 30 active publishers.
- BC publishers operate in several regions, including the Southern Interior, the Sunshine Coast, Vancouver Island, and the Lower Mainland.
- We bring Canadian writing and culture to a global audience, exporting to more than 40 countries each year.